Personal Leadership development Program
Residential & Dining Enterprises Women's Leadership Development Program council members (left to right: Cynthia McCollister, Charnette Richard, Elaine Magee, Dara Silverstein, Amanda Gotthold, Clarissa Flores, Rosa Barbosa, and Michelle Radisich)
The Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) Women’s Leadership Development Program (WLDP) at Stanford University is dedicated to advancing women leaders through personal and professional development. WLDP was inspired by and modeled after the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF), an organization that provides competency development programming especially for women leaders in the foodservice industry.
While the WLDP is focused on the success of women, programming is open to anyone in R&DE interested in personal and professional development.
To encourage women leaders through personal and professional development.
To provide leadership development resources focused on women leaders in order to enhance opportunities, engagement, and job satisfaction through personal and professional growth.
Women’s Leadership Development Program Council
The R&DE Women’s Leadership Development Program is run by the R&DE Women’s Leadership Development Program Council.
Role of the Council
- To utilize a council of diverse members to focus on needs, content and communication of the program, its purpose, and goals.
- To provide a calendar of webinars, classes, and resources available to all members of the management teams.
- To act as a steering committee for the program.
- To become ambassadors for the program, its goals, and its ability to impact the individuals, organization, and overall effectiveness.
- To provide open, honest, direct perspectives and points of view on needs and development that will support the success of women in R&DE.
- To review data as it relates to turnover, recruiting, engagement, and job satisfaction to help with focus and development of programs.
- To help establish development goals, content, calendar, and metrics for the program.
We accomplish our mission through leadership events held on a monthly basis, including:
- Networking Breakfast Discussions
- Leadership Roundtable Discussions
- Webinars Screenings and Discussions
- Panel Discussions and Speakers
- Resource Library
Competency Development Programs
This research-based competency model serves as a guide for individuals to identify and define development goals, “beginning with an end in mind.”