Personal development Report 4-H
- 4-H Record Books give members an opportunity to reflect on their yearly work. They document their skill development and their learning experiences in a written report. 4-H members measure their achievements and growth in their total years in 4-H.
- 4-H Record Books encourage members to set goals and develop plans to meet those goals. Completion of the Personal Development Report awards 4-H members for participation in 4-H activities, which provides an incentive for participation, learning, and achievement.
- Completing a 4-H Record Book is a process where 4-H members record project and club work. Records management (RM) is an industry-standard practice of identifying, creating, classifying, archiving and preserving records. The 4-H Record Book teaches 4-H members these skills through a standard format.
Not Required for 4-H Membership
4-H Record Books are not required for membership or for participation in 4-H activities such as club events and activities, or for attending 4-H camps or conferences. A 4-H Record Book may be required to receive participation awards (such as star ranking, medals or pins based on 4-H Record Book achievements).
A record book is required by the Nevada County 4-H Steps to Success in order to show and/or sell an animal at the fair. Members 9 years or older must submit a record book to their club per their club's record book procedures to show or sell an animal at the fair.
Online Record Book at
Enrolled 4-H members and adult volunteer leaders may access the Online Record Book. The system uses 4hOnline enrollment data to pre-fill in club and project information.
Nevada County 4-H does not manage the Online Record Book (ORB). If you have questions or are experiencing difficulties please visit the Online Record Book Home Page to submit requests. Additionally, please visit the link below for online tutorials created by California 4-H to assist with the Online Record Book.
The 4-H Online Record Book:
- Has a social connection! It extends opportunities to stay connected to other club members and leaders online.
- Is a fun and interactive way to log 4-H activities and events.